Our visit to Skagit County Washington to unveil their new DocketCall system left us wondering when it actually was going to rain in the state of Washington. Unusual sunny and warm February weather pursued Infax the duration of the trip and not one Washingtoningion (?) seemed to mind. Maybe their smiles were because of the weather — or maybe they were because the monitors were up, running, and man... they looked good.
We will never be absolutely positive which one brought about their contentment, but thanks to these warm words from Pam Springer, Administrator for District Courts in Skagit County, we're going to lean towards CourtSight being the culprit.
We find the display provides quick and easy access to the court users to see where their case is being held. Our display shows all court schedules in Skagit County, which include the District and Municipal Courts as well as Superior Court.
This program is easy for the court clerk to make changes in the schedule, we can also add messages to help individuals with special set cases, display court hours, etc.
So far the overall response has been excellent. Our building security love it, since the screens are located outside prior to individuals coming through the screening process. We believe this will alleviate congestion in our lobby as well as making sure individuals are redirected to the right building, prior to entering the lobby.
The streets of Skagit are probably back to being wet. The trees, still as green. But from here on out, no court visitor will be the same. Thanks Pam for providing us with this feedback.
For all of our new Washington friends, the top 10 of a 105-item list: You know you're from Washington if:
1. You know how to pronounce Sequim, Puyallup, Enumclaw and Issaquah. (We sure did try!)
2. You consider swimming an indoor sport.
3. You keep snow chains in your trunk but they've never been used.
4. You see a person carrying an umbrella and know they must be a tourist.
5. Eating seafood isn't anything special.
6. Your lawn is mostly moss and you don't really care.
7. Your daily commute to work involves riding a ferry.
8. You know the difference between "showers followed by rain" and "rain followed by showers".
9. The sight of Mt. Rainier is still awe inspiring. (Stunning!)
10. You're extremely picky about your coffee.